Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Martin Luther King Day

For Martin Luther King Day we did a variety of short lessons. We started of with a civil rights spelling packet using upper level words and doing spelling pyramids, alphabetical order, and dictionary guide word work to name a few skills.  In Reading we read My Brother Martin from our Reading Street series.  Also to practice fluency I typed up the most recognizable part of "I Have a Dream" speech.  They used this to graph their cold reads and mark improvement as the week progressed.  Then from a fellow blogger I saw this great Math Glyph about Dr. King.  We had a HOOT making this.  Here are a few pictures of how they turned out along with way we can make the world a better place.

I can make the world a better place by picking up trash when people throw thair trash on the ground. 

I can make the world a better place by not using violents but using words, and to love and car about others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment